Ingredients Needed for Smashed Potatoes
4 potatoes, skin on
vegetable oil for frying
How to Cook Smashed Potatoes
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, add the potatoes, and fill it with enough water so you can cover the potatoes.
- Cook the potatoes for 15 minutes.
- Take them out of the water and place them on a wooden board.
- Press them, levelling them to about 1/2 inch (1.2 cm) thick.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the potatoes and cook them until golden on both sides.
- Garnish the potatoes with chives and serve them with your favorite dip.