Ingredients Needed for Asparagus and Goat Cheese Galette
7 ounces flour
1 teaspoon sugar
4 ounces butter
3 tablespoon water
4 garlic cloves, crushed
8 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
18 asparagus stalks
1 egg, whisked (for coating)
How to Cook Asparagus and Goat Cheese Galette
- Add the flour, sugar, and a dash of salt to the dough mixer bowl. Mix shortly.
- Add the butter and keep mixing, while gradually adding the water. Mix until you have a dough.
- Shape the dough into a ball, wrap it in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Dust the work surface with flour and flatten the dough using the rolling pin.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and transfer the flattened dough on it.
- Fold and ripple the edge towards the inside in order to create a decorative outer rim.
- Coat the crust with the crushed garlic and fill it with the goat cheese.
- Top with asparagus stalks and grated parmesan. You can also coat the rim with whisked egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 380⁰F/190⁰C.