Ingredients Needed for Apple and Plum Jelly Candies
1 pound plums
1 cup water
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup sugar
How to Cook Apple and Plum Jelly Candies
- Cut the plums into halves and remove their pit.
- Cut the apples into halves and remove their pit. Cut them into small dices.
- Heat a skillet over medium and add the fruit in it.
- Pour the water, cover with a lid and simmer for 25 minutes, reducing the heat to low.
- Remove the lid and season with salt and sugar.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 30 more minutes.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and pour the fruit mixture, evenly spreading it.
- Slide the tray into the oven and bake it for the next 7 hours at 120 degrees F/50 degrees C.
- Start rolling the jelly from one of the ends towards the opposite end.
- Cut the jelly into 1 inch (2.5 cm) thick candies.
- Coat the jelly candies with sugar.
- You can even wrap them in candy wraps.