Ingredients Needed for Vanilla and Chocolate Swirl Cookies
5 ounces of butter
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ tablespoon vanilla extract
2 cups of flour
2 tablespoons of instant coffee
¼ cup melted chocolate
How to Cook Vanilla and Chocolate Swirl Cookies
- Add the butter, sugar, egg, baking powder, and vanilla extract to the mixer bowl. Season with salt and mix for some 30 seconds. Add the flour and mix more until even.
- Transfer the mixture to two medium-sized bowls. Leave one as is. Add to the other the instant coffee and melted chocolate. Mix them until even.
- Form the two mixtures into two balls. Place each one on the work surface between parchment paper sheets and flatten them, first using your hands, then the rolling pin.
- Place the chocolate mixture disc on top of the other. Roll them together.
- Wrap this roll with plastic wrap, seal the sheet’s ends, and refrigerate for 60 minutes.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, unwrap the roll and slice it (we’ve really got 16 of them in the end 🙂 ), then place the swirls on the baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.