Ingredients Needed for Flourless Dark Chocolate Cake
2 ounces of prune (pitted)
2 ounces of dried date (pitted)
½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 ounces of dark chocolate, melted
1 tablespoon olive oil (for greasing)
How to Cook Flourless Dark Chocolate Cake
- Add the pitted prunes to a bowl and the dates to another bowl. Add boiled water over them and let them soak for 30 minutes.
- Add the unsweetened cocoa powder to a bowl (keep about 1 tablespoon for later use). Add the baking soda and salt and stir to combine them well.
- Add the prunes and dates to a blender. Also, add the eggs and melted chocolate (keep half of it for later). Blend them together into a smooth paste.
- Add the cocoa powder and pulse again.
- Preheat the oven to 370˚F/185˚C. Grease with oil a round baking dish (8 inches/20 cm in diameter).
- Pour the chocolate batter into the baking dish and bake for 50 minutes.
- When ready, remove the flourless cake from the oven and let it cool on a wire rack until room temperature. Warm the remaining melted chocolate and use it to coat the cake with it. Decorate with the remaining cocoa powder, using a sifter. Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving the cake.