Sure you know breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Today, you’ll find out why it’s also important to be the sweetest.
Is eating chocolate cake for breakfast good for the waistline?
A scientific study conducted by the University of Tel Aviv tested a hypothesis: eating chocolate cake for breakfast results in losing weight at a faster rate.
The experiment was successful, with two conditions: the calorie intake must not exceed 600 per portion and you have to combine chocolate cake with carbs and proteins. The experiment is more efficient if you are careful about the rest of your meals and times of the day you eat.
Scientists selected 200 men and women with weight control issues to a special diet:
- group one: low-carb diet, did not exceed 300 calories per breakfast.
- group two: enjoyed a 600-calories breakfast, eating carbs, proteins, and a piece of chocolate cake.
Both groups lost weight after 32 weeks, with the difference that the second group lost an extra 40 pounds on average. Researchers noticed that the second group of people managed to stay in shape for longer periods, as well. What’s more, they suggested to not give up on desserts, even if you’re following a diet for losing weight. Researchers also stated the fact that the metabolism burns more calories faster in the morning, which is why you can include dessert in the first meal of the day. Eating dessert for breakfast will also stop or reduce your cravings for sweets throughout the day.
Metabolism and weight loss
Many people blame their slow metabolism on their inability to lose weight. But things aren’t always so black and white. True, the body’s metabolism is in close connection to weight, but the struggle with gaining weight is more like a combination of factors: genetics, hormone controls, dietary choices, lifestyle (stress, physical activity, sleep).
However, there is a simple rule you need to keep in mind: everybody can lose weight when they burn up more calories than they eat. So, you don’t have to give up dessert as long as you manage to burn the calories through carefully planning the rest of your meals, doing regular exercises, trying different relaxation techniques to reduce stress and sleep well at night.
3 reasons you should eat dark chocolate often
- Dark chocolate intake improves cognitive function, says a study from the Main-Syracuse University.
- It is rich in antioxidants. In fact, dark chocolate has more antioxidants than green tea.
- It contains phytonutrients called flavonoids. Flavonoids are plant chemicals that have a similar role as antioxidants and may be good in cancer prevention, sustaining proper hearth health and promoting weight loss, according to this study.
If you love sweets, this must feel like a dream come true, isn’t it? Let us know if you’ll follow the researchers’ recommendation of eating chocolate cake for breakfast!