Ingredients Needed for Summer Squash Frittata
For the egg mixture:
⅓ cup milk
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 summer squash, chunked
2 teaspoons of olive oil
3 ounces of cheddar, shredded
2 medium tomatoes, sliced
How to Cook Summer Squash Frittata
- For the egg mixture:
Add the eggs to a bowl, season with salt and pepper, and whisk them. Add the milk and whisk more. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over low heat. Add the summer squash and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper, stir and cook for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked summer squash to the beaten eggs. Mix.
- Coat a large ovenproof skillet with olive oil using a brush. Add the summer squash and egg mixture.
- Top with shredded cheddar cheese and tomato slices.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 200⁰F/100⁰C.