Veggie Scrambled Eggs With Rice
A hearty and delicious scrambled egg dish is the right way to start your day. It’s colorful because it’s got everything in it, from crispy bacon and rice through to peas, cherry tomatoes, and bell pepper. Use 4 eggs and share it with someone … or not.
Ingredients Needed for Veggie Scrambled Eggs With Rice
2 ounces of bacon (4 strips)
1 spring onion, chopped
2 ounces of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 small red bell pepper, diced
3 ounces of frozen peas
4 eggs, whisked
½ cup cooked rice
How to Make Veggie Scrambled Eggs With Rice
- Heat 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the bacon strips and fry them both sides until crispy. Set aside.
- Turn the heat lower and add to the same skillet the spring onion, cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, and frozen peas. Season with salt and pepper and cook for 2 – 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat 1 – 2 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat, then add the whisked eggs.
- Cook and stir until soft curds begin to form. Continue to stir until thickened.
- Place the veggie mixture skillet back on the stove and add the scrambled eggs and cooked rice.
- Cook and stir for 2 – 3 minutes over low heat. Serve garnished with crumbled fried bacon.