Ingredients Needed for Caramelized Pears with Creme Anglaise
For the pears:
1 ounce butter
2 fresh rosemary sprigs
2 cinnamon sticks
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 lemon slices
For the custard:
½ cup milk
2 vanilla beans
½ cup powdered sugar
How to Cook Caramelized Pears with Creme Anglaise
- For the pears:Halve the pears and remove their core using a baller or a teaspoon. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the rosemary, cinnamon sticks, and the pear halves with the peel side up. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then turn and cook for approximately the same amount of time.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar, add the lemon slices, and remove from heat.
- For the custard:Add the milk to a pot over low-medium heat.
- Make a long, lengthwise cut on each vanilla bean using a knife. Scrape the pulp into the milk pot. Whisk and bring to a simmer. Set aside.
- Add the yolks to a bowl. Start whisking them while gradually adding the powdered sugar. Whisk until you have a smooth cream.
- Continue to whisk while gradually adding the vanilla-milk mixture.
- Return pot over low heat. Cook and stir until the custard thickens, or for about 5 minutes.