Calories: 534 kCal / serving
- 10 g
- 16 g
- 89 g
Ingredients Needed for Vanilla Creme Caramel
For the custard:
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
⅔ cup heavy cream
½ cup milk
2 tablespoons of condensed milk
For the caramelized sugar:
1 ½ cups of sugar
2 tablespoons of water
How to Make Vanilla Creme Caramel
- For the custard:
Add the eggs to a bowl and beat them using a hand mixer.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract and mix more.
- Add the heavy cream, milk, and condensed milk. Whisk until even.
- For the caramelized sugar:
Reserve 5 tablespoons of sugar for later. Add the rest to a pot over low heat. Cook and stir until it caramelizes. Add the water in the process.
- Use it to coat 5 ramekins. Fill them with the custard.
- Place them on a baking tray, add some water to it, and bake for 25 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.
- Remove from oven and distribute 1 tablespoon of sugar for topping to each hot ramekin. Caramelize it further using a blow torch.