Ingredients Needed for Turkey, Veggie and Feta Tacos
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
½ red bell pepper, chopped
½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
0.5 ounce celery, chopped
½ spring onion, chopped
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 ounces of bulgur wheat
4 ounces of leftover turkey, large shreds
1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
2 tortilla wraps
1 ounce feta cheese, crumble
How to Cook Turkey, Veggie and Feta Tacos
- In order to make the bulgur side, the ratio is 2 parts of water for 1 part of bulgur wheat. Bring the water to a boil and add the bulgur wheat. Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes until soft. Drain off the excess liquid.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add both bell peppers, celery, and stir for 1 minute. Add the spring onion and season it with salt and pepper. Add the parsley, chili flakes, garlic, and stir.
- Add the cooked bulgur and cook for 1-2 more minutes. while stirring.
- Heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the turkey leftovers and cook them for 2-3 minutes, until golden. Add the barbecue sauce and cook the turkey for 1 more minute.
- Place the tortillas on a wooden board. First add the cooked veggies and bulgur and top them with feta cheese, and turkey meat.
- Fold the tortillas and serve them!