Ingredients Needed for Simple Homemade Bread
1 ½ cups of warm water
2 teaspoons of active- dry yeast
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound flour
1 tablespoon cornmeal
How to Cook Simple Homemade Bread
- Add the warm water in a large bowl. Sprinkle a pinch of salt and the active-dry yeast. Mix until the yeast dissolves into the water.
- Add the flour and mix it with a spatula until the water is incorporated in the flour and the dough starts to form.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Spread some flour on your working surface. Place the dough in the middle of it. Knead the dough for 4-5 minutes, until it’s smooth, firm, and elastic.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Evenly spread the cornmeal over it. Make a few superficial scores over the surface of the bread.
- Slide the bread into the oven for the next 25 minutes.
- Take it out of the oven, slice it, and serve it!