Ingredients Needed for Turkey and Zucchini Lasagna
12 ounces of turkey leftovers
1 teaspoon butter
3 lasagna sheets
1 cup tomato sauce
8 mushrooms, thinly sliced
½ zucchini, sliced
½ cup mozzarella, shredded
2 ounces of butter
2 ounces of flour
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon nutmeg
How to Cook Turkey and Zucchini Lasagna
- You can start with the bechamel.
- Heat a saucepan over medium-low heat and start melting the butter. Slowly pour in the flour while stirring.
- Cook the mixture on medium heat for about 5 minutes, until it has a light, golden color.
- Keep on heat and slowly add the milk, while stirring fast and continuously.
- Season with nutmeg.
- When the sauce has a thick and smooth consistency, you can turn off the heat.
- Now for the lasagna, mince the turkey leftovers.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Butter the bottom of an oven tray.
- For the first layer of the lasagna, add 1 lasagna sheet, 1/2 of the minced meat, 1/4 cup of tomato sauce, 4-5 mushrooms, 2-3 zucchini slices, and 1/3 of the bechamel sauce.
- Repeat, using the same ingredients, to make 1 more layer.
- Top the lasagna with 1 more lasagna sheet, remaining bechamel, and mozzarella. If you have any tomato sauce left, you can add it also.
- Bake the lasagna for the next 25 minutes!