Ingredients Needed for Sweet Potatoes and Mackerel With Ginger Sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
13 ounces of mackerel fillets
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 medium onion, minced
1 tablespoon ginger, shredded
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 cup heavy cream
1 teaspoon curry powder
How to Cook Sweet Potatoes and Mackerel With Ginger Sauce
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat and add the fillets. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fry them for 4 minutes on both sides, or until golden brown. Add the lemon juice in the process. Set aside.
- Place the potatoes on the work surface, cut off their ends and half them.
- Transfer them to a baking dish placing them in standing position. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 40 minutes at 380⁰F/190⁰C.
- Melt the butter in a pot over low heat. Add the onion and ginger. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the coriander seeds and lemon zest. Stir them in. Add the heavy cream. Cook and continuously stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the curry powder and stir in. Season with salt and pepper, stir in, then simmer for 7 minutes.
- Serve the potatoes smashed, topped with mackerel and ginger sauce.