Christmas Tree Chocolate Brownies
Here’s a Christmas meal dessert inspired by this joyful holiday! It’s not that hard to make, so don’t shy away from it. It’s a batch of simple chocolate brownies, decorated with colored sugar glaze, to bring it a special Christmassy look. Try it yourself and your guests will not be able to resist it!
Ingredients Needed for Christmas Tree Chocolate Brownies
1 cup flour
1 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon salt
9 ounces of chocolate
1 ounce butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1½ tablespoons of sugar
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon water
How to Make Christmas Tree Chocolate Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- First sift the flour and the cocoa powder through a strainer into a mixer bowl. Add a pinch of salt and mix.
- Add the chocolate in a separate bowl, and melt it in the microwave. After that, add in the butter and slowly mix until it is incorporated in the chocolate.
- Crack the eggs in a large bowl and add them over the flour and cocoa mixture. Turn on the mixer over medium speed and mix until the mixture is smooth. Add the vanilla extract.
- After that, add the melted chocolate and sugar and again mix, until you get a smooth, thick, chocolate cream.
- Use a round baking tray, around 12 inches (30 cm) in diameter, and cover it with foil. Pour the mixture and evenly spread it in the tray.
- Slide it in the oven for the next 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the powdered sugar in a bowl, and mix it with water. When the mixture is smooth, divide it into 2 separate bowls. Add red food coloring over one of them, and green food coloring over the next one.
- Take the brownie cake out of the oven, and slice it into triangular cuts. At the base of the triangle, carefully cut away two strips on either side to form the base of the tree trunk.
- Add the colored sugar into piping bags. Use it to decorate the brownie Christmas trees with Christmas Holiday themes.