Ingredients Needed for Mascarpone Mousse With Berry Sauce
3 tablespoons of sugar
1 cup mascarpone
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon butter
¾ cup frozen berries
2 tablespoons of honey
2 tablespoons of cognac
2 teaspoons of lime zest
How to Cook Mascarpone Mousse With Berry Sauce
- Add the yolks and 2 tablespoons of sugar to a bowl. Beat them until smooth using a hand mixer.
- Add the mascarpone. Mix until smooth using a spatula. Refrigerate the custard for 30 minutes.
- Add the whipping cream and the remaining tablespoon of sugar to a bowl. Mix until firm using a hand mixer.
- Transfer the sweet whipped cream to the custard bowl. Mix until even using a spatula. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over low heat. Add the berries and cook them shortly until they release fluid and it bubbles.
- Add the honey, cognac, and lime zest. Stir them in, then remove from heat and let cool.
- Serve the mousse in glasses, topped with berry sauce.