Ingredients Needed for Sweet Potato Veggie Stew
3 sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons of olive oil
½ teaspoon cumin powder
1 onion, chopped
5 ounces of mushroom, thinly sliced
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 green chili, thinly sliced
½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
½ cup canned tomatoes
½ teaspoon basil
5 ounces of canned red beans
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
chili pepper (optional)
How to Make Sweet Potato Veggie Stew
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Place the sweet potatoes on your working surface and slice them into cubes.
- Lay them in a glass baking dish. Drizzle them with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, and season them with salt, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 30 minutes.
- Next, heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, mushrooms, and season with salt and garlic powder.
- Cook for 2 minutes and add the green chili, yellow bell pepper, canned tomatoes, and dried basil. Mix everything and cover with a lid. Simmer everything for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid, add the diced sweet potatoes, canned beans, and parsley. Stir, and cook everything for 3-4 more minutes.
- Top it with a few chilies or habanero, and serve it next to a side of rice.