Sweet Potato Burger Bites
Come and try these vegetarian and healthy bites that look like mini-burgers. That’s just about it in terms of similarities with the classic burger. Ours have a creamy red bean mixture between two crispy grilled slices of sweet potato. And the play between salty and mildly sweet ingredients makes them so tasty.
Ingredients Needed for Sweet Potato Burger Bites
1 large sweet potato, thickly sliced (or 2 medium sweet potatoes)
8 ounces of canned red beans
⅓ cup sweet corn
⅓ cup Monterey Jack cheese, diced
1 small spring onion, chopped
1 egg white
½ cup cornflour
2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
2 ounces of lettuce
How to Make Sweet Potato Burger Bites
- Cut the sweet potato into 12 somewhat thicker slices. Grill them for 7 minutes.
- Add the canned beans and sweet corn to a bowl. Mash them using an immersion blender.
- Keep adding the Monterey Jack cheese, spring onion, egg white, and 1/2 of all the cornflour. Season with salt and pepper and mix until even using a rubber spatula.
- Start forming patties from this mixture. We’ve got 6 of them. Refrigerate them for 30 minutes.
- Spread the remaining cornflour on your work surface. Coat the patties with it.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat. Fry the patties until browned on both sides, or for approximately 7 – 8 minutes.
- Spread the mayonnaise on 6 slices of sweet potato, add lettuce and 1 patty. Top with the remaining 6 slices. Serve them skewered.