Ingredients Needed for Sweet Potato Burger Bites
1 large sweet potato, thickly sliced (or 2 medium sweet potatoes)
8 ounces of canned red beans
⅓ cup sweet corn
⅓ cup Monterey Jack cheese, diced
1 small spring onion, chopped
1 egg white
½ cup cornflour
2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
2 ounces of lettuce
How to Cook Sweet Potato Burger Bites
- Cut the sweet potato into 12 somewhat thicker slices. Grill them for 7 minutes.
- Add the canned beans and sweet corn to a bowl. Mash them using an immersion blender.
- Keep adding the Monterey Jack cheese, spring onion, egg white, and 1/2 of all the cornflour. Season with salt and pepper and mix until even using a rubber spatula.
- Start forming patties from this mixture. We’ve got 6 of them. Refrigerate them for 30 minutes.
- Spread the remaining cornflour on your work surface. Coat the patties with it.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat. Fry the patties until browned on both sides, or for approximately 7 – 8 minutes.
- Spread the mayonnaise on 6 slices of sweet potato, add lettuce and 1 patty. Top with the remaining 6 slices. Serve them skewered.