Ingredients Needed for Salami Shakshuka
3 ounces of salami
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves
⅔ cup canned tomatoes, diced
4 oregano leaves
¼ cup mozzarella, shredded
1 teaspoon chives, chopped
How to Cook Salami Shakshuka
- Slice the salami.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet and fry the salami slices until they become crispy.
- Chop the onion.
- Take another skillet and heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
- Cook the onion until it turns soft and translucent.
- Mince the garlic and add it over the onion.
- Dice the canned tomatoes and add them in the skillet.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook the sauce.
- Add the fresh oregano.
- Crack the eggs over the tomato sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover the skillet and fry the eggs.
- When the eggs are fried, put in the skillet the salami slices.
- Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella.
- Cover the skillet for 2-3 more minutes.
- Sprinkle the chives.
- Serve with toast or crackers.