Ingredients Needed for Sweet Orange Chicken
5 ounces of chicken breast
1 cup flour
vegetable oil for frying
½ teaspoon dried chili flakes
¼ cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons of water
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
½ teaspoon ginger powder
1 teaspoon orange zest
¼ cup white vinegar
1 tablespoon corn starch
How to Cook Sweet Orange Chicken
- Crack the eggs and put them into a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle some salt and whisk them.
- Cut the chicken breast into medium pieces.
- Coat the chicken pieces with the whisked egg.
- In another medium bowl, put the flour and some sea salt and mix them with a fork.
- Put the chicken pieces coated with eggs into the flour bowl.
- Mix them, until the chicken pieces coat with flour.
- In a frying pan, heat the vegetable oil.
- Fry the chicken pieces until light golden brown.
- In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of oil and cook the chili flakes for less than 1 minute.
- Add the soy sauce and the water and boil that mixture.
- Add the brown sugar, the ginger powder, and the orange zest. Mix them together.
- Add the vinegar.
- Dilute the corn starch in 2-3 tablespoons of water and add it in the sauce.
- Mix it until the sauce becomes thicker.
- Add the chicken pieces in the sauce and let them cook together.
- Serve the chicken warm, with a rice side.
- If you want, sprinkle some black sesame on it.