Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Zucchini and Mushroom Pie
1 medium-sized zucchini
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
3 garlic cloves, sliced
3.5 ounces of shiitake mushroom
1 cup heavy cream
½ teaspoon cardamom
½ teaspoon sumac
5 ounces of cheese, sliced
4 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 spring onion, chopped
½ cup parmesan, shredded
How to Cook Cheesy Zucchini and Mushroom Pie
- Place the zucchini on your working board and thinly slice it.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, mushrooms, and season with salt and pepper. Cook them for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the heavy cream into a large bowl. Add the eggs, and season with cardamom, sumac, and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Grab a round baking tray, approximately 12 inches (30 cm) diameter. Lay the zucchini slices on the tray, leaving a small empty space in the middle. Add the mushrooms in that space. Top everything with cheese slices, cherry tomatoes, egg mixture, and spring onion. Shred the parmesan on top.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 25 minutes.