Ingredients Needed for Sugar-Glazed Cocoa Sponge Cake
sponge cake :
2 ounces of cocoa powder
2 ounces of butter, melted
1 cup sugar
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon butter
½ cup powdered sugar
⅓ cup milk
½ cup powdered milk
How to Make Sugar-Glazed Cocoa Sponge Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Add the cocoa powder in your stand mixer bowl.
- Add the melted butter, sugar, and flour. Pulse everything until the ingredients combine.
- Add the eggs and pulse until you make a smooth batter.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and pour the mixture in it.
- Bake the sponge cake for the next 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the butter, sugar, milk, and powdered milk in your stand mixer bowl. Combine everything until you get a smooth, thick glaze.
- When the spongecake is done, let it cool, then spread the glaze all over it.
- Slice it and top it with a few colored sprinkles before serving it.