Ingredients Needed for Stained Glass Cookies
7 ounces of butter
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 pound flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
7 ounces of colored sugar candies
powdered sugar (optional)
How to Make Stained Glass Cookies
- Start with the cookie dough.
- Set up your food processor and first add the butter and sugar.
- Start mixing. When the sugar is absorbed, keep the mixer running and add the eggs, almond extract, and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour a tablespoon at a time and finally the baking powder. Mix until you obtain a smooth dough.
- Give the dough a round shape, wrap it in plastic foil and refrigerate it for the next 30 minutes.
- Dust your working space with flour, release the dough from foil and lay it on your wooden board. Level it with a rolling pin.
- Use star-shaped cookie rings to shape the dough into cookies. Use a smaller cookie ring to cut out dough in the middle of each cookie.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and lay the cookies on it.
- Crush the candies with a rolling pin and add them in the middle of the cookies.