Ingredients Needed for Spicy Potato and Pea Samosas
1 ½ cups of flour
3 tablespoons of warm water
1 tablespoon oil
3 ounces of black sesame seeds
vegetable oil for cooking
1 ounce butter
¼ cup milk
1 tablespoon curcuma
½ tablespoon paprika powder
1 tablespoon garam masala
2 ounces of cashew nuts
3 ounces of peas
1 spring onion
How to Cook Spicy Potato and Pea Samosas
- Add the flour, warm water, oil, and salt to a large bowl and mix them together.
- Add in the sesame seeds. Mix them in and you have made the samosa dough.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Boil water in a saucepan with a pinch of salt.
- Boil the potatoes until they’re easy to stab with a fork.
- Mash the potatoes with butter, milk, and a pinch of salt.
- Heat vegetable oil in a cast-iron skillet to a medium high temperature.
- Chop the onion and put it in the skillet.
- Add the mashed potatoes to the skillet. Mix them with the spices: curcuma, paprika powder, and garam masala.
- Add the cashew nuts and peas. Use the spatula to mash them with the potatoes.
- Throw in the chopped spring onion.
- Form little balls of the samosa dough and roll them out to make samosa circles.
- In the middle of the circle put a little of the stuffing. Fold the dough around it in a triangular shape.
- Deep fry until golden.
- Serve with hot sauce.