Ingredients Needed for Meringue and Peach Tart
1 ⅔ cups of flour
5 ounces of butter (at room temperature)
⅓ cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons of water
1 teaspoon lemon zest
2 medium peaches, sliced into thin wedges
½ cup sugar
4 egg whites
How to Cook Meringue and Peach Tart
- Add the flour, butter, yolk, powdered sugar, water, and lemon zest to a bowl. Season with salt and knead with your hands until you have a dough.
- Line an 8-inch diameter tart pan with the dough. Press it using your fingers, then poke holes in it with a fork. Bake for 15 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Remove the crust from the oven. Place on it the peach wedges, trying to make a circular pattern.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of sugar on top, then bake for 10 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Add the egg whites to a bowl and start to beat them using a hand mixer. Add the remaining sugar in the process. Beat until you get stiff peaks.
- Transfer the beaten egg whites to a piping bag. Use it to top the tart with meringues. Bake for 20 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.