Spicy Cheese Fingers
You can make these spicy cheese fingers using Cheddar for the coating or you can replace it with shredded parmesan if you prefer it. Also, add chili powder to season them up, but feel free to use any other herbs and spices you like.
Ingredients Needed for Spicy Cheese Fingers
4 ounces of Cheddar cheese, grated
1 cup almond flour
1½ tablespoon of canola oil
¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon chili powder
How to Make Spicy Cheese Fingers
- Preheat the oven to 350⁰F/175⁰C.
- Combine the Cheddar cheese, almond flour, egg, canola oil, baking soda, salt, and chili pepper in a medium bowl. Stor with a spatula until you make a dough. Use your hands to form a ball.
- Place the ball between two sheets of parchment paper. Flatten with a rolling pin into a 1/8 inch (0.3 cm) thick sheet. Remove the top piece of parchment paper and cut off the dough edges, to make a square. Then, cut it into thin strips.
- Arrange the strips on the same parchment paper, leaving some space between them. Lift the dough strips, still on the parchment paper, and transfer everything to a baking tray.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let them rest at least 5 minutes before serving.