Spicy Cauliflower and Green Bean Soup
Meet a warming cauliflower soup that is both creamy and spicy. A nutritious vegetarian dish filled with green beans, carrots, and almond milk. Heavily spice the cauliflower with cumin, curry, and paprika before roasting and blending it. Make things even hotter with chili flakes. Is this warming enough?
Ingredients Needed for Spicy Cauliflower and Green Bean Soup
½ teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon curry powder
½ teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium red onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup frozen green beans, thawed
2 medium carrots, diced
4 cups of vegetable stock
1 teaspoon chili flakes
1 cup almond milk
How to Make Spicy Cauliflower and Green Bean Soup
- Add the cauliflower to a bowl. Season with the cumin, garlic, curry, and paprika. Mix using your hands until the cauliflower is entirely coated in spices.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and transfer the cauliflower on it. Drizzle with olive oil, then roast for 15 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.
- Transfer to a blender and blend them. Set aside.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cooking pot over low heat. Add the red onion and garlic. Stir in.
- Add the green beans and carrots. Cook and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the blended cauliflower and vegetable stock, season with pepper and chili flakes, and add the almond milk. Stir them in.
- Season with salt and simmer for 10-12 minutes.