Ingredients Needed for Pork Ribs with Homemade Pesto Sauce
For the ribs:
2 tablespoons of red peppercorns
1 tablespoon fennel seeds
2 pounds of pork ribs, chopped
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoons of chili flakes
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
For the pesto sauce:
4 tablespoons of pine nuts
5 fresh basil leaves
5 fresh mint leaves
⅓ cup parmesan, grated
¼ cup vegetable oil
How to Cook Pork Ribs with Homemade Pesto Sauce
- Add the red peppercorns and fennel seeds to a mortar and grind them.
- Add the pork ribs, the peppercorn and fennel mixture, smoked paprika, chili flakes, dried oregano, and vegetable oil to a bowl. Season with salt and mix until ribs are completely coated.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add the coated ribs. Spread them evenly.
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil and bake for 90 minutes at 430⁰F/220⁰C.
- Heat the skillet over low heat and add the pine nuts. Stir-fry them until golden brown.
- Transfer them to a mixer bowl. Add the basil and mint leaves, parmesan, and vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper and mix until smooth.
- Serve the ribs together with a bowl of sauce.