Ingredients Needed for Grilled Mushrooms With Couscous Salad
¾ cup couscous
1 cup hot water
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt flakes
10 ounces of brown mushrooms (caps only)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 red onion, diced
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
1 teaspoon lemon zest
½ apple, diced
How to Make Grilled Mushrooms With Couscous Salad
- Add the couscous to a bowl, pour the hot water over it and let it soak for 6 minutes.
- Add the cumin powder, smoked paprika, fennel seeds, sugar, and salt flakes to a small bowl. Mix until even.
- Add the mushrooms to a bowl and drizzle them with vegetable oil and add the spice mixture. Mix to coat them using your hands.
- Skewer the coated mushrooms, then grill them for 8 minutes on both sides.
- Add the couscous, red onion, parsley, lemon zest, and apple to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix until even. Serve with grilled mushrooms.