Ingredients Needed for Sea Bream and Prawn Sous-Vide With Saffron Sauce
For the seafood: 1 pound whole fish sea bream (or 2 fillets 5-ounce each)
2 tiger prawns (7 ounces each)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon sumac
pink himalayan salt
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped For the sauce: 3 yolks
¼ cup melted butter
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon saffron Assembling the dish: 1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon melted butter
2 medium carrots
1 small beetroot, quartered
4 asparagus sticks
1 small celery root, halved
How to Cook Sea Bream and Prawn Sous-Vide With Saffron Sauce
- Place the fish on the work surface. Make a deep cut just behind the gills. Make a deep cut along the dorsal side until you reach the tail. Separate the fillet. Flip the fish over and do the same for the second fillet.
- Cut and remove the bones using the tip of the knife and pincers.
- If you’re not comfortable with filleting the fish, you can also buy 2 fish fillets. Score the skin-side of the fillets.
- Place the fillets and the prawns on the work surface. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Add the butter and parsley. Season with Himalayan salt, sumac, and pepper. Mix to evenly coat the seafood using your hands.
- Transfer the coated seafood to a vacuum sealing bag. Drain the air out using a vacuum sealer.
- Submerge the vacuum pouch inside the sous-vide cooking machine. Sous-vide for 15 minutes at 131⁰F/55⁰C.
- Now make the sauce using the bain-marie technique. Fill a medium cooking pot quarter way with water and heat it over low heat. Place on top a heat-proof bowl and add the yolks.
- Whisk the yolks while gradually adding the melted butter. Season with lemon juice, salt, and pepper in the process. Also, add the saffron. Cook for 5 – 6 minutes while continuously stirring. Set the sauce aside.
- Heat the olive oil and melted butter to a skillet over low heat. Add the prawns, fillets, and veggies. Fry for 6 minutes on both sides.
- Serve the seafood and veggies seasoned with saffron sauce.