Ingredients Needed for Bacon Wrapped Cheddar Stuffed Cauliflower
7 ounces of cheddar, cut into sticks
12 ounces of bacon, sliced
For the sauce:
¼ cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons of paprika powder
1 cup low moisture mozzarella, for the topping
fresh dill, for garnishing
How to Cook Bacon Wrapped Cheddar Stuffed Cauliflower
- Add the cauliflower to a water-filled deep pot over high heat and bring it to a boil. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Place the cooked cauliflower on the work surface and bore deep holes in it using a cylindrical cutter. We made 13 of them. Insert the Cheddar sticks into the holes.
- Line a medium bowl with the bacon slices. Do that so that they radiate from the bottom center of the bowl upwards to its rim. Place the stuffed cauliflower in the bacon-lined bowl.
- For the sauce:
Add the heavy cream, garlic powder, and paprika powder to a smaller bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Cover the cauliflower with this sauce using a kitchen brush. Wrap it with the bacon slices.
- Transfer the wrapped cauliflower on a parchment paper-lined baking tray and bake for 50 minutes at 320⁰F/160⁰C.
- Remove from oven and add the mozzarella on top. Bake for 10 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C. Serve garnished with fresh dill.