Sausage-Stuffed Turkey Breast Rolls
Welcome to the super-meaty and super-delicious! This is decadent food! How else would you describe meat-stuffed meat? For the filling, fry sausages together with cubed breadcrumbs and flavor them with thyme, chicken stock, and garlic. Use this to fill the double-baked butter-covered turkey breasts. Decadent enough?
Ingredients Needed for Sausage-Stuffed Turkey Breast Rolls
For the sausages:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
6 ounces of sausages
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 fresh thyme, chopped
½ cup chicken stock
4 ounces of breadcrumbs, cubed
For the turkey breast:
1 ½ pounds of turkey breasts, butterflied (2 pieces 12-ounce each)
2 tablespoons of melted butter
How to Make Sausage-Stuffed Turkey Breast Rolls
- For the sausages:
Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the sausages and cook them on both sides until golden brown.
- Chop them using a spatula, add the garlic, thyme, chicken stock, and breadcrumbs. Cook and stir for up to 2 minutes.
- For the turkey breast:
Place the butterflied turkey breasts on the work surface, cover them with plastic wrap, and tenderize them using a mallet.
- Discard the plastic wrap. Distribute the sausage and breadcrumb mixture on one half of each butterflied turkey breast. Season them with salt and pepper and roll them.
- Wrap them in aluminum foil and bake them for 45 minutes at 425⁰F/220⁰C.
- Remove them from oven and unwrap them. Cover them with melted butter and, again, bake them for 15 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Slice them and serve them together with some salad.