Ingredients Needed for Stuffed Red Onions
4 red onions
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons of olive oil
2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
1 onion, diced
4 ounces of brown rice
1 cup chicken stock
½ cup parmesan, grated
2 spring onions, sliced
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
1 tablespoon pine nuts
1 tablespoon dried cranberries
How to Cook Stuffed Red Onions
- Preheat the oven to 360˚F/180˚C.
- Place the red onions into a baking dish. Coat them with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, then cover the dish with foil. Cook for 30 minutes into the oven.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a skillet and cook the white onion until soft and translucent. Add the brown rice and stir.
- Add the chicken stock and bring it to a simmer. Simmer for 25 minutes, stirring often.
- When the rice is cooked, remove it from heat. Add the parmesan, spring onion, thyme, rosemary, pine nuts, and dried cranberry to the rice. Season it with salt and stir well to combine the flavors.
- When the red onions are cooked, let them cool so you can handle them. Remove the onion cores and leave enough room to stuff the onions with rice.