Calories: 1262 kCal / serving
- 182 g
- 76 g
- 48 g
Ingredients Needed for Sausage and Pancetta Pizza
¼ cup warm water
1 teaspoon active dry yeast
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 ½ cups of flour
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 red onion, chopped
3.5 ounces of canned tomatoes
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon paprika powder
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 pork sausage, thinly sliced
½ cup mozzarella, shredded
1 green chili, thinly sliced
2 ounces of pancetta, cubed
¼ cup parmesan, shredded
How to Make Sausage and Pancetta Pizza
- Place the warm water in a bowl and add the active-dry yeast and sugar. Mix so you can dissolve them into the water.
- Pour the flour into your mixer bowl. Add the salt, yeast, and 3-4 tablespoons of water.
- Set your mixer at medium speed and mix into the dough for a few minutes, until you obtain a smooth and sticky dough.
- Cover the bowl with a towel and let it rise for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, fresh thyme, and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 390°F/200°C.
- Add the canned tomatoes in a large bowl, and season with salt, oregano, and paprika. Add garlic, and mix.
- Take out the dough, and knead it, pressing it with your hands firmly, until smooth, firm, and elastic.
- Place the dough in a cast-iron skillet, approximately 12 inches (30 cm) in diameter, making sure it is fully covered. Top it with tomato sauce, onions, sausage, mozzarella, chili, salt, pepper, parmesan, and pancetta.
- Slide the pizza into the oven and bake it for 20 minutes.