Ingredients Needed for Buttery Tortilla Cones With Chicken and Parmesan
For the chicken-veggie mixture:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, diced
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
4 ounces of leftover chicken, shredded
1 cup canned tomatoes
¼ cup water
1 lasagna sheet
1 tablespoon dried basil
¼ cup parmesan, grated
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley
For the flour mixture:
¼ cup flour
2 tablespoons of water
2 ounces of butter
vegetable oil for frying
½ cup parmesan, grated
⅓ cup fresh parsley
How to Cook Buttery Tortilla Cones With Chicken and Parmesan
- For the chicken-veggie mixture:
Heat the oil in a skillet over low heat and add the onion. Cook and stir until the onion is tender.
- Add the tomato paste and stir for 10 seconds. Add the chicken and canned tomatoes and continue to stir. Add the water and the lasagna, broken into pieces, and stir.
- Add the dried basil and parmesan, season with salt and pepper, stir a little, then simmer for 6-8 minutes. Add the fresh parsley, stir for 10 seconds, then set aside.
- For the flour mixture:
Add the flour and water to a smaller bowl and mix them.
- Assemble the cones:
Cut the tortillas in halves. Take one half, coat it partially on one side with flour mixture using a brush (this will act as a glue). Wrap it to make a cone. Do this with the other 3 tortilla halves.
- Fill each cone with chicken-veggie mixture taking care to also add 1 tablespoon of butter in the middle.
- Coat the interior rim of each cone with flour mixture and close them by pressing.
- Fill a medium cooking pot halfway to 2/3 with vegetable oil and heat it. Deep-fry each cone until golden brown. Place them on a serving tray.
- Add the parmesan and fresh parsley to a smaller bowl and mix them. Sprinkle this mixture over the cones when serving.