Ingredients Needed for Ruske Kape Cakes
3 cups of flour
4 cups of milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups of sugar
9 ounces of butter, room temperature
3 tablespoons of vanilla extract
1 tablespoon vanilla sugar
⅔ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
3 ounces of chocolate
How to Cook Ruske Kape Cakes
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Put 1 cup (140 grams) of flour in a bowl. Add 1 cup (250 ml) of milk.
- Put the remaining milk in a pot on medium heat.
- Meanwhile, mix the flour with the milk and add the baking powder. Let this mixture aside.
- Return to the milk on the stove. When the milk is warm, add 1/2 cup (100 grams) sugar and mix for about 1 minute, until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the milk and flour mixture in the pot. Stir continuously, using a spoon. Bring the mixture to a boil then cook it for 1-2 minutes, until you obtain a thick cream.
- Remove it from heat and let it cool. The white cream will harden.
- Put the butter in a kitchen aid machine and whisk it until it’s fluffy. Add the milk and flour mixture gradually and whisk it to evenly incorporate it into the butter. Add the vanilla extract and whisk for a few seconds then remove the bowl from the kitchen aid and set the mixture aside.
- Take another bowl and add the eggs. Whisk for 1 minute then add the remaining sugar gradually. Add the vanilla sugar and keep mixing until the sugar dissolves and the eggs are pale yellow and fluffy. Add the olive oil and stop the mixer for a few moments.
- Put the remaining flour in a large bowl, add the cornstarch and the cocoa powder. Mix the ingredients.
- Turn on your kitchen aid and add the dry ingredients into the egg mixture. Mix the cocoa batter for 1 minute.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Then, add the cocoa batter in the tray and spread it all over, equally.
- Bake it for 25 minutes.
- When the cake is baked, let it cool. Then, take it off the tray, by turning it upside down on a flat surface and removing the attached parchment paper.
- Cut small round cakes using a round stainless steel cutter. You should make about 24-26 round cakes.
- Take one cake and spread 1 tablespoon of white cream on it. Stick it to another cake and continue to spread white cream on the edges. Coat the edges with coconut flakes.
- Continue with the remaining ingredients, until you use them up.
- Melt the chocolate in a small pan, on low heat.
- When all the cake sandwiches are ready, pour the melted chocolate on top.
- If you want, you can garnish the cakes with sugary flowers or other decorations.