Ingredients Needed for Romanian Pork Soup
10 ounces of pork sirloin
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 ounce parsnip, small dices
2 ounces of celery root, small dices
2 ounces of green beans
1 large potato, small dices
½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
½ red bell pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 cup tomato sauce
sour cream, for serving
chopped fresh parsley, for serving
How to Cook Romanian Pork Soup
- Fill a large saucepan halfway with water and bring it to a boil.
- When the liquid starts to foam, remove it with a spatula.
- Cook the meat for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the onion, carrot, parsnip, celery root, and green beans.
- Add the potatoes and both types of bell pepper. Season with salt and cover with a lid.
- Simmer for the next 20 minutes. Add the canned tomatoes and tomato sauce. Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve the soup with some sour cream and parsley.