Romanian Pork Soup
This Romanian pork soup has the strong flavor of Eastern Europe and our feeling is that it is an excellent hangover cure. It also has lots of veggies, and it is served with tomato sauce, sour cream, and herbs. We really enjoyed it, and we hope you do also!
Ingredients Needed for Romanian Pork Soup
10 ounces of pork sirloin
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
1 ounce parsnip, small dices
2 ounces of celery root, small dices
2 ounces of green beans
1 large potato, small dices
½ yellow bell pepper, chopped
½ red bell pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon salt
2 tomatoes, chopped
1 cup tomato sauce
sour cream, for serving
chopped fresh parsley, for serving
How to Make Romanian Pork Soup
- Fill a large saucepan halfway with water and bring it to a boil.
- When the liquid starts to foam, remove it with a spatula.
- Cook the meat for 15-20 minutes.
- Add the onion, carrot, parsnip, celery root, and green beans.
- Add the potatoes and both types of bell pepper. Season with salt and cover with a lid.
- Simmer for the next 20 minutes. Add the canned tomatoes and tomato sauce. Simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Serve the soup with some sour cream and parsley.