Beef Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
Are you in the mood for making something with delicious beef meatballs? Well, try baking them in the oven, covered in tomato sauce and topped with some feta cheese. It’s a nice, wholesome, family meal that brings everybody together.
Ingredients Needed for Beef Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
12 ounces of ground beef
½ cup breadcrumbs
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoon dried vegetable mix
1 onion, chopped
1 cup flour
vegetable oil for frying
1 cup tomato sauce
3 ounces of feta cheese
12 cherry tomatoes
How to Make Beef Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Add the beef in a large salad bowl, add the breadcrumbs and crack 2 eggs over them. Continue with the rest of the ingredients: the garlic, dried veggie mix, carrot, onion and coriander. Season with salt and pepper.
- Use your hands to blend all the ingredients. Shape the mixture into 1 1/2 inch (3 cm) meatballs.Coat the meatballs with flour.
- Heat a skillet, add the vegetables and fry the meatballs for about 7-9 minutes, turning them for even cooking.
- When ready, move them in an oven tray and the pour tomato sauce over them. Top with the feta cheese and season with dried oregano.
- Bake the meatballs in the oven for the next 30 minutes.