Ingredients Needed for Roasted Duck Breast with Plum Sauce
2 cinnamon sticks
1 cup rice
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoons of honey
2 tablespoons of water
1 tablespoon plum jam
1 star anise
6 cardamom seeds
7 ounces of duck breast
8 plums, pitted and halved
How to Cook Roasted Duck Breast with Plum Sauce
- Add 2 cups of water to a cooking pot, salt it and bring it to a boil.
- Add 1 cinnamon stick and rice. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, honey, water, and plum jam to a medium-sized bowl. Season with salt and pepper, then add the remaining cinnamon stick, the star anise, and cardamom seeds. Mix.
- Add the duck breast to the bowl and coat it with marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic foil and marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat a pan over high heat and add the marinated duck breast. Fry for 4 minutes on both sides.
- Transfer the seared duck breast to a baking dish and add the plums.
- Drizzle with the marinade and bake for 25 minutes at 150⁰F/65⁰C.
- Serve the duck meat with the plums over the cooked rice.