Ingredients Needed for Red Wine Beef Stew With Bacon and Mushrooms
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 ounces of bacon, chopped
1 pound beef tenderloin, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 large carrot, sliced
3 ounces of mushroom, chopped
1 cup red wine
1 ½ cups of vegetable stock
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
4 small new potatoes, halved and quartered
1 cup tomato sauce
2 garlic cloves, crushed
How to Cook Red Wine Beef Stew With Bacon and Mushrooms
- Start melting the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the vegetable oil and bacon in the process. Stir and cook until the bacon starts releasing fat and changing its color.
- Add the pieced tenderloin. Stir and cook until it starts browning. Add the onion and cook more until tender.
- Add the carrot, mushrooms, and red wine. Bring to a boil, cover with the lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, dried oregano, dried thyme, soy sauce, and nutmeg. Stir, cover with the lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, cover with the lid, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, garlic, and season with salt and pepper. Stir for 1 minute or so, then cover with the lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve it as is or pair it with some mashed potatoes.