Ingredients Needed for Ramekin Chicken Pot Pie
8 ounces of chicken breast, cubed
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 fresh thyme sprig
⅔ cup heavy cream
¼ cup chicken stock
3 tablespoons of flour
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
2 spring onions, sliced
1 cup mexican vegetable mix
2 tablespoons of milk
1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
How to Cook Ramekin Chicken Pot Pie
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet and start frying the chicken cubes. When the chicken pieces turn opaque-white, add the fresh thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook further until the chicken becomes golden.
- Add the heavy cream in another skillet and heat in on medium-low heat. Add the chicken stock and when the liquid starts to simmer, add the flour gradually. Whisk continuously until you make a thick sauce. Also, add some poultry seasoning.
- Add the fried chicken pieces to the white sauce. Add the spring onion, Mexican mixed vegetables, salt, and pepper. Stir and let them cook together for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken and veggie mixture to two ramekins, cover them with puff pastry, and remove the excess edges. Prick with a fork the puff pastry, to allow hot air come out in the oven.
- Whisk the egg with milk and make some egg wash, then use it to coat the puff pastry crust. Sprinkle black sesame seeds. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, at 360⁰F/180⁰C.