2 teaspoons of mixed spice
1 tablespoon brown sugar
2 cups of tomato purée
1 cup water
2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar
1 ½ pounds of pork neck
1 onion, chopped
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- Add the mixed spices, brown sugar, tomato puree, water, and apple vinegar to a bowl. Whisk until even.
- Add the pork neck to the slow cooker. Add the onion and a few bay leaves, too. Pour the spicy tomato mixture over them.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 5 hours on low temperature.
- Transfer the cooked meat on a plate and set it aside. Pour the liquid resulted from cooking the meat into a smaller pot over low heat.
- Shortly mix the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl, then add it to the pot. Cook and whisk until reduced.
- Transfer the meat on the work surface and shred it. Serve it topped with the thick sauce over some greens.