Ingredients Needed for Prosciutto Sandwich With Fried Egg on Top
2 bread slices
2 garlic cloves
2 teaspoons of wholegrain mustard
3 teaspoons of butter
3 emmental cheese slices
2 prosciutto slices
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
¼ cup mozzarella, shredded
How to Cook Prosciutto Sandwich With Fried Egg on Top
- Preheat the oven to 340°F/170°C.
- Scrape the garlic over both bread slices and then spread 1 teaspoon of wholegrain mustard and 1 teaspoon of butter over each of them.
- Top the bread slices with prosciutto and emmental. Assemble the sandwich by placing one of the slices on top of the other.
- Melt the remaining butter in a skillet over medium heat. Cook the sandwich for 1-2 minutes per side, until golden and crispy.
- When it’s ready, move it in a small baking tray. Top the sandwich with mayo and shredded mozzarella.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry the egg.
- Serve the sandwich warm with the fried egg on top!