Ingredients Needed for Chicken and Mushroom Quinoa
4 ounces of mushroom, quartered
7 ounces of chicken breast
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 medium-sized onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
½ cup white wine
4 ounces of uncooked quinoa
1 cup vegetable stock
3 ounces of baby spinach
¼ cup parmesan, shredded
How to Cook Chicken and Mushroom Quinoa
- Cut the chicken breast into dices.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken for about 15 minutes, until golden. Take out the chicken and in the remaining fat add the onion and garlic. Cook them until golden, and add the mushrooms and white wine.
- Add the uncooked quinoa and pour the vegetable stock. Bring to a boil and top it with a lid. Simmer for the next 15 minutes.
- Season with salt, pepper, add the baby spinach and shred some parmesan on top.
- Stir, and cook for 1-2 more minutes.
You can serve the dish with some more grated parmesan on top.