Calories: 781 kCal / serving
- 12 g
- 63 g
- 93 g
Ingredients Needed for Vermicelli Nests With Halvah and Spices
8 ounces of vermicelli (one 12-nested package)
¼ cup melted butter
9 ounces of halvah, cubed
½ cup milk
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 ounces of almonds
2 ounces of pecan nuts
2 cinnamon sticks
1 teaspoon cloves
3 star anise
¼ cup cognac
How to Make Vermicelli Nests With Halvah and Spices
- Place the vermicelli into a baking dish, cover them with melted butter, then bake for 12 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C. (You can use a smaller dish and bake in batches, or you can bake all the vermicelli once)
- Add the halvah and milk to the mixer. Mix until even.
- Add the whipping cream to a bowl and whip it using a hand mixer.
- Transfer the whipped cream to the halvah and milk bowl. Mix them using a spatula until even. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Add the almonds, pecans, cinnamon sticks, cloves, star anises, and cognac to a smaller bowl. Mix them using a teaspoon.
- Fill each vermicelli nest with the halvah-milk-whipped cream mixture and top with spices mixture.