Ingredients Needed for Prosciutto, Pea and Parmesan Crostini
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 prosciuttos, cut into small pieces
½ cup fresh peas
3 ounces of parmesan
1 rosemary sprig
4 garlic cloves
2 chili peppers s, slices
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ teaspoon butter
How to Cook Prosciutto, Pea and Parmesan Crostini
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet.
- Fry the prosciutto until crispy.
- Add the peas and stir.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- When the peas are almost cooked, but not too soft, transfer the mixture to a bowl.
- Crumble the parmesan and add it to the bowl, grate some lemon zest (1/2 – 1 teaspoon), and squeeze the juice from 1/2 lemon.
- Chop the fresh rosemary leaves and add them to the bowl.
- Crush 3 garlic cloves (keep one for later use) and add them too.
- Add the red chili slices, and 1 teaspoon of olive oil. Combine everything.
- Heat another skillet and melt the butter in it.
- Slice the baguette and toast the slices in the skillet. When ready, remove the toasted slices and rub them with garlic (halve the remaining garlic clove to release more flavor, and rub with the cut part).
- Put one tablespoon of prosciutto and pea mixture on each baguette slice and serve.