Ingredients Needed for Pork and Chickpea Stew
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, minced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
10 ounces of pork leg, cubed
½ medium red bell pepper, diced
1 teaspoon dried thyme
½ cup canned tomatoes
½ cup water
1 ½ cups of canned chickpeas
fresh parsley for garnishing
How to Cook Pork and Chickpea Stew
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the pork leg and turn the heat to medium. Cook and stir until browned.
- Add the bell pepper and stir it in. Season with salt and pepper, add the thyme and canned tomatoes. Stir in.
- Add the water and stir in. Cover with the lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the canned chickpeas and stir them in. Season with fresh parsley and remove from heat.