Ingredients Needed for Greek Chicken Soup
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
2 carrots, shredded
1 small celery root, shredded
2 cups of chicken stock
7 ounces of chicken breast, cooked
3.5 ounces of rice, cooked
1 ounce butter, melted
3 tablespoons of flour
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons of fresh dill, chopped
How to Cook Greek Chicken Soup
- Heat the vegetable oil in a saucepan.
- Add the carrot, onion, and celery root. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pour the chicken stock, add the rice, and chicken breast. Give it a good stir.
- Whisk the flour, melted butter, and egg yolk in a small bowl.
- Pour the mixture in the soup and whisk. Top it with the fresh dill.