Calories: 484 kCal / serving
- 27 g
- 27 g
- 42 g
Ingredients Needed for Poached Egg and Mortadella Sandwich
3 tablespoons of butter
1 burger bun
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon curry powder
How to Make Poached Egg and Mortadella Sandwich
- Heat a skillet and add 1 tablespoon of butter. Let it melt. Take the burger bun and slice it through the middle. Place the slices in the skillet and cook them for about 1-2 minutes per side, until crispy.
- Bring a saucepan with water to a light simmer over medium heat. Add a pinch of salt and pour the white wine vinegar. Crack 2 eggs directly in the saucepan. Use a spoon and create a gentle whirlpool that will help the egg white wrap around the yolk. Cook the eggs for about 2 minutes (really soft egg) to 4 minutes (soft to firm one). Remove the eggs from the saucepan with a slotted spoon.
- Take the remaining egg and separate its yolk from the white. Melt the other 2 tablespoon of butter and gently pour it over the egg yolk while whisking. Squeeze the lemon in the mixture and season it with salt and curry powder. Whisk well.
- Take the toasted buns and top each of them with a slice mortadella and a poached egg. Add about 1 tablespoon of sauce per slice, and sprinkle some fresh coriander on top.
- If you have any remaining sauce, you can keep it for later on, and serve it next to a good steak!