Green Bean and Cherry Tomato Salad
This vegetarian rich salad can also be consumed as a main course, too. It’s a low-fat low-cal mildly sweet and sour mixture of boiled green beans, vinegar-soaked red onion, cherry tomatoes, and panko. We made it even more interesting by flavoring it with soy sauce and serving it drizzled with lime juice.
Ingredients Needed for Green Bean and Cherry Tomato Salad
10 ounces frozen green beans
1 red onion, thinly sliced
½ cup vinegar
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon honey
2 ounces panko
½ tablespoon parsley, chopped
lime juice (for serving)
How to Make Green Bean and Cherry Tomato Salad
- Fill a medium pot with water and salt it.
- Add the green beans and boil them for 12-14 minutes. Set aside.
- Add the sliced onion to a smaller bowl and cover with vinegar.
- Let it soak for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the soaked onion to a bowl. Add the tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, boiled green beans, and honey.
- Season with salt and pepper, add the panko and parsley. Mix everything.
- Serve drizzled with lime juice.